02. October 2010 · Comments Off on Car Woes · Categories: Uncategorized

Argh! We are still in full operation here, despite our current crisis.  4-5 animals per day have been arriving in need of care. A month or so back, the 1992 Jeep we have been using for rescue work, broke down and needs to be replaced. We changed over to our fallback vehicle – the van. Now the 1997 Pontiac Trans Sport is unable to pass the SMOG and we are not allowed to drive it! The situation is ridiculous. We need a new vehicle for the wildlife center to use for animal transport, emergency rescues, transport of cages etc.

We need an SUV or Minivan type vehicle that is year 2000 or younger, in good running condition (we cannot afford mechanic fees to fix it. If you would consider donating your vehicle, you can get the Full Fair Market Value for it in tax deductions because we would actually USE the vehicle and would not resell it -And you would be making it possible for us to continue to do our work!

The IRS has an information book about how to donate a car (http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/pub4303.pdf) but here are the main points:

  • make sure you can benefit – as in do you itemize on your taxes?
  • determine the value of your car – this is a good-faith agreement between you, the donor, and us, the donee. Or if the car value is over $5,000 it would need t be professionally appraised. We would pay for this when you donate the vehicle.

If you are willing to help by donating your vehicle, please give us a call at 510-547-YUWR (9897) and THANK YOU!

Or – if you are a Mechanic willing to donate your labor to help get our Wildlife Center Van to pass the SMOG, please call too! 510-547-9897

Thanks for your time!

Comments closed.