It’s APRIL 2013 already!
This year we started receiving newborn baby squirrels, with umbilici attached starting February 10th. In addition, we have received numerous orphaned opossum of various ages. Mid-April marks the beginning of the baby raccoon and skunklet season and May is the month for fawns. We expect to be quite busy around here for some time.
On the education front, we have been working with several local schools, teaching youngsters compassion through companion animals and also teaching about the importance of wildlife and how to protect it.
We look forward to 2013 and all it’s surprises to come.
Here are some photos of our most recent orphans in care:
As of Spring 2013, we are currently looking for volunteers for:
- FOSTERCARE: we will train you and provide some supplies for this very rewarding work. Please give me a call at 510-421-9897 or email us to discuss this if you are interested.
- TRANSPORT: We need help transporting orphaned wildlife from the East Bay to San Francisco. Do you COMMUTE? If you can help with this badly needed help, please call me at 510-421-9897 or email us.
- CONSTRUCTION WORK VOLUNTEERS: We are currently engaging in construction of a new office and badly need help. Do you have COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS you need to complete? Please consider helping us! 510-421-9897 or email us.
- DESIGN YOUR OWN INTERNSHIP: Although we lost our facility back in 2011, we still offer a flexible internship program but it requires discipline and thinking outside the box. If you are interested in working with us for your internship, consider participating in our “Design-Your-Own-Internship” program. You would commit to helping us with animal care and any ofthe above jobs plus anything else you can think of that would help. For example, weekly pickups of produce from your local produce market, weekly collection of fresh branches for cage stimulus, working on our facebook page, grantwriting, fostercare, etc. If you are interested, please contact us at 510-421-9897 or email us.
- GRANT-WRITING: We are always looking for people to help with grant-Writing. If you are interested, please contact me at 510-421-9897 or email me with your proposals. Thank you.